Keeping your business secure online with Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
Time & Location
About the Event
This Chamber of Solutions event focuses on understanding the challenges we all face as we develop our businesses more and more on-line. The current changes to the way we work and the essential pivoting of our businesses to new on-line opportunities no doubt deliver an exciting future, but it is not without its threats.
In just the past 18 months we have seen the accelerated establishment of remote home-working, a growth in on-line sales, a developing map of Global Britain into new markets and a number of high-profile hacks on systems around the world. Quite simply as we challenge ourselves to grasp exciting opportunities, we must be equally attentive to the undoubted threats. In today’s economy a secure business is a successful business.
This event is ideal for all those businesses looking to adapt in this changing market, and wanting to thrive through these challenging times. Amongst the rich content being explored at this event will be:
• What are the increased remote-working cyber security needs?
• What should I focus on to securely develop my business successfully on-line?
• What does it look like if my business is targeted or under attack?
• What practical preventative measures can my business take?
• How do I ensure I have the right and sufficient insurance in place?
We will also share the current scale of cyber threats including examples and statistics, and provide plenty of hints and tips.
The event works for businesses of all sectors and sizes, helping to understand the issues and build solutions. In addressing the on-line challenges, we will help you to think about the direction of your business and how best to grow in this new environment.
Chamber of Solutions is a partnership of Hampshire Chamber of Commerce, Shaping Portsmouth, Mission Performance, Solent LEP, EnterpriseM3 LEP and the Cyber Resilience Centre for the South East. It addresses business issues around essential skills, new ventures, growth and people.
Chairing the event is Rob Lewis of Mission Performance. He will be joined by a panel of specialists including:
- Dr. Vasileios Karagiannopoulos | University of Portsmouth
- Chris White - Detective Inspector/Head of Cyber & Innovation | The Cyber Resilience Centre for the South East
- Justin Torgout - Centre Director | The Cyber Resilience Centre for the South East
- Rob Hamilton CEO | Dynamic Edge
Benefits of our Chamber of Solutions series include:
• Insights of experienced business people and professionals
• Expert facilitation of the event
• Opportunities to ask your pivotal questions
• Sharing chat input and occasional breakout groups
• Joining in with the active online community
This event will be hosted via Zoom, with a link sent out nearer the time of the event.